Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Use It Up. Wear It Out.......

I am, once again, taking a wrecking ball to my workroom.

Tessie said that I had to show you this photo to let you see what a huge mess it was. Yup. That's her down at the bottom. I guess, from her point of view, it is gigantic.

She told me that I had better get my act together and do it, or she would. I don't want that. She is too much like April. If she had her way, I would toss about half of what is in there. I know I would just have to go search for replacements for what I threw out three days from now. It's not going to happen.

I kicked Tessie out and started putting things in their places. Then it happened.....She sneaked back in when I wasn't looking and started to "Help!" It's all her fault that I didn't get it finished....


She found my leftover beads. I immediately was harangued about not sticking to my principles. "What principles?" I asked. Not that I don't have any. I just didn't know which ones she was talking about.

It seems that she has heard me quote the "Use it up. Wear it out. Make it do or do without." so many times that it must have stuck in her tiny mind.

I found her in a bead tray that I made in a pottery class several years ago. She had dumped out some of my leftovers.

I have a bad habit of just dumping the remains of any project into a cookie jar.....I think it must weigh a couple of pounds these days. I am too lazy to separate the beads into their original containers, so in they go.

She went into "boss" mode. "You ARE going to do something with these, aren't you? They cost money, you know."
"I will some day soon...." I went on cleaning.
It got worse. I looked back and she was in the jar with a pair of wire cutters that I had started to bead(handles).

"Enough cleaning! You need to finish these! You can't use them this way." She had a point. It's hard to use them with the thread and needle hanging from the half finished handle.

Well.......I am now going to go finish the wire cutter handles. Tessie said I had to do it. I am not going to get in an argument over whether I should clean or bead. I may be crazy, but come on! Which would you choose???

I am no fool......I will follow Tessie's instructions to the letter if it stops the insanity of cleaning.

I will try to finish the handles. Then maybe Tessie can find something else for me to finish.... This cleaning thing could take a while...............

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Kathi said...

I just took a look around my house and had to shudder! Mini stuff is EVERYWHERE! There is hardly a clean surface left to put anything down!
I really SHOULD clean it up, but...
Glad Tessie is over here. She would have a fit!
:)

Deni said...

And I thought I was the only one with a really messy workroom, I feel so much better now! I do have a huge walk in wardrobe that is so helpful one can throw a few things in there, but alas in the end it all gets too much for me and I have to tidy up
I need a Tessie to tell me to finish some projects though, so many bits and pieces I have half done and they are not all minis!
Im off to the BMEA now in Brisbane to see if I can buy some more stuff to mess up my work room, maybe I may find a Tessie there hahahaha!wink wink!

Thmini2 said...

Tessie should like all those sparkly beads in the cookie jar. She always likes aparkly things. I think we all need a Tessie.

MiniKat said...

Messy work rooms must be a sign of a working mind. ;-)