Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Hang in There......

Don't give up on me yet. I am just getting reorganized from Christmas. There is progress to report. I am getting back to normal,well for me anyway, today. I went into town this morning at 4;30AM, ate breakfast at my favorite cafe and then went to Wal Mart to check out the day after, the day after Christmas sales. I am not insane. I skip the day after. I figure the stuff that I am meant to have will still be there. If it's not, I wasn't meant to have it. It's logic or maybe just an excuse for not fighting the crowds.


Here are the treasures. You already saw one of them.....or one like it. Wal Mart puts Christmas gift box sets on 50% off the day after and they still have a lot left now. In a few days, if things go as usual, they will mark down to 75% off!

The green one here is just like the one that I made into a perfumery last week. Yes, I bought another one. The first one went home with my daughter Christmas day. It wanted to hang out at her house. Now I have two more for the price of one. It was 5.00 for both and with all of that smelly stuff besides. How could I leave them there?

These two were originally 10.00 each. So it was 2 for 1. You do the math.
They are covered in faux alligator skin. I thought that they would make good masculine vignettes.
They are about 2 1/2" deep and maybe 8X 10 inches.

I think that I did pretty good at 15.00 for the four and all of the good smelly insides to boot! I will have to check in a few days again and see if they have gone down to 75%. If they have the first ones will be 1.25 and the second ones will be 2.50. There were a few other candidates too. I wanted to get these first because I have specific ideas in mind for them.

Now, if you just stick around for another day or two I will be back in mini action. This was the first step.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Minka said...

I think the round ones would make great igloos!