Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Rude Awakening!

This morning I was awakened by shouting! I got up and went to investigate where it was coming from. Bleary eyed, I rushed into the workroom. The noise was coming from the top shelf of the bookcase.

Who knew that Buttercup Bookshop could yell so loud? It kept repeating "I want down from here NOW!!!!" and "Get me down! You can't torture me like this!" Remember the last time I heard from it? No? That's because the shop was not speaking to me at all. That was the first part of July. It just curled up and went to sleep. So I put it on the top shelf.

Now it wants to get down and play all of a sudden. OK. I dragged it down and moved it to the family room where we were before.
It settled happily on the table and then proceeded to tell me that it wanted all of its insides restored. I dragged out the box with the stuff for inside. Then it insisted that I go get the tool bag. OK. I did that.
We bargained back and forth for a while. Between us, we settled on putting a few of the things back in the bottom floor to see what was happening. Buttercup was very pleased that I special ordered a cash register. I need to change phones. I think that I will build one of the old candle stick phones. I always liked those.
I am being yelled at to put more books on the shelves. I am going to glue them in this time. No more of this nonsense of all of the books falling on the floor if I have to put Buttercup back on the shelf again.
Another thing that I found in the rest period was an English umbrella stand and a couple of things to go in it.
I am slowly finding stuff to put on the tea stand. I am going to have to get the poly clay out and make cakes and cookies.
I also have decided that the little table needs a bottom shelf to rest one's feet on and as a place to put extra books. I have that drawn up. I need to cut it out and stain it.
The last thing that Buttercup mumbled before getting ready for nap time was "Make me a rug. My floor is cold...." At least I think that was what I heard. I am on my way now to see if I have any suitable rug patterns or if I am going to have to design a new one. Buttercup, being a picky shop, will probably insist on a new one. Off to work I go. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lauren Adele said...

Yea! I was waiting for the return of Buttercup!

Reiko said...

Great to know that the Buttercup is still alive.