Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, May 16, 2008

Decisions, Decisions........


OK. It's time to start thinking about colors. As usual, I couldn't wait to paint the whole thing. If I paint the whole thing and then decide I don't like it that's a lot of time and paint waisted.
I have decided to go with shades of green for the walls. It is easier to paint the bays before I put them in.....Oops. I already put the upstairs one in. That was before I decided to make it a two story.
This is the first floor bay. As you can see, I have decided on a Wedgewood green. I already decided that the woodwork is going to be Minwax Provincial. I did some faux panels on the front of the window seat to see how it would look. I think it is going to be satisfactory. I guess I can glue in the bay soon.
I did a slip seat for the bench with one of the fabrics that I chose. That part I am not sure of yet.
My next problem is the staircase, should I choose to put one in. Remember this kit doesn't come with stairs. It's most irritating.
By reversing the window bay I have created a problem. There doesn't seem to be a good place on either side to put a staircase. It's either right smack in the middle of the room or on the front edge. As you see the tread hanger here, it is hanging about 2" off of the floor. If I don't get fancy and just leave it as risers with nothing under them I don't think that they will block the room too much.
I am one of these weird people that have to have a way to get from floor to floor. This looks like the best place to do it so far.
Since this is also going to be a tea shop, I am going to have to have a couple of tables for the customers..........Big problem. No. It's not a question of room. It's a question of height. I am going to have to make tables. The window seats are 2' off the floor instead of the standard 18" that usual for real seating. Therefore the Chrysenbon table that I was thinking of using is too short.
Another one of those "GRRRRRR" moments is at hand. Oh well. I guess I should look on the bright side. This way I can change the shape of the table at the same time I change the height. But then there is a question of making more chairs or stools the same height as the window seat.
I am debating closing either the two ground floor front windows or the ones on the second floor and putting bookcases in that area. Probably the second floor would look better. I need some place to put a display for the front of the store, so I guess the ground floor windows will have to stay.
Well......Now you know as much as I do. I am going to go experiment some more. Someone hand me another color of green and a paintbrush.
See you tomorrow.

No comments: